Sunday, January 14, 2007

NO Latin

Okay, so Aprill and I attended a NO Mass in Latin today. Unfortunately, we both felt that it lacked a particularly spiritual sense. This is not to say that it was not valid, etc., only that we did not find it a home for us.

Instead of critiquing the Mass I only want to offer up our plans of what we're going to do now. =) We are considering finding another parish that is close to us which offers the Mass (Tridentine or Novus Ordo) in Latin.

We will continue to pray about this and will keep you updated!

I would like to say something positive about the parish that we attended today. We both *loved* the Perpetual Adoration chapel they have there. They have a small library of pamphlets/books, plenty of chairs, several rosaries, and was overall very nice. If nothing else, we'll probably be returning to that parish just for Adoration! =)

5 comments:

Test said...

What parish did you go to?

I hope and pray that you are able to find a place that you can call home, if you need any help, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hello Brian. It was interesting to read your blog. I don't know if you have heard my name somewhere. I was the pastor of both Saint Augustine and Mater Misericordiae Mission (the indult parish). But then I took a leave of absence for a while, but I am now back. I am going to be at Saint Catherine of Siena parish, in south Phoenix.
The bishop wants to respect my preferences for liturgy. So, I am planing on doing both Masses, the Tridentine and the NO in Latin in teh near future.
If I can be of help, please let me know and pray for me too.
fr saenz

Brian said...

That would be wonderful! I'll keep you in my prayers. I'd love if you could keep me posted on when you will be at Saint Catherine of Siena parish. I also want to say if there is anything I can do to help get the Tridentine liturgy in this area, please just let me know.

God bless,
Brian

Test said...

Fr. Saenz,

I am happy to hear that you have returned from your sabbatical and I pray that the situation at St. Catherine of Siena will suit you well.

Are you being made pastor there?

Pax tecum,
Brian

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brian for your words. I wasn't supposed to come back from my sabbatical until June. I decided it was already time to come back. I have been assigned as an associate pastor. I will be starting the first of Feb. As far as I know, we are going to start having the Trad. Mass at three days during the week in the evenings (5:30 or 6:00). Then later on we will make room for it on Sundays.
Thanks for your prayers.
fr saenz